Adsense ads are not showing in the Blog or Website – How to Fix?
How To Fix Adsense Ads Not Showing In Blog Or Website Tutorial 2017 (Also watch video Tutorial)
Adsense ads are not showing: Hello Guyz Are you trying to figure out why AdSense ads are not working on your blog? Find top 10 reasons why ads are not displayed correctly on the websites. I have explained the common problems along with the troubleshooting tips.
“Why AdSense ads are not appearing on my site?” – this is a common question I see on the bloggers social groups and sometimes I try to skip this problem since it takes a lot of time to figure out the cause. For each blogger, the reason could be completely different. Anyway, today I decided to write an article with the common reasons and troubleshooting tips.
Before you do any troubleshooting, login to your AdSense account and make sure there are no warnings or notices from Google regarding ad serving on your blog.
When Ads are not displayed, many bloggers are completely clueless on how to resolve. Since there are no tools available to troubleshoot this, I usually do a manual check on the blog and try a few options to check what is wrong. Let me try to explain the primary reasons and the common troubleshooting tips:
1. Hosted AdSense account – This is one of the most common reasons the ads are not displayed in the blogs. If you have a hosted AdSense account and you are trying to use it on a non hosted account, Ads may not show up on your site. This could happen if you upgrade your blog from Blogger.com blog to a custom domain. Once you upgrade to a custom domain, your site is no longer part of a hosted platform and hence the ads will no longer show.
Have You Checked?
2. Asynchronous Ad script – Are you using asynchronous ad script? It is a new and more efficient way of ad serving and could be helpful in most cases to load the ads without affecting the page loading. However, the script is known to have compatibility issues with many other scripts. Some other scripts may be blocking your asynchronous script from showing ads. If you are using asynchronous ads, you may replace it with the normal AdSense scripts and try if it works.
3. New ad delay – Did you just create the ad units? In most cases, ads will start showing within 15 minutes after creating the new ad unit. However, in some cases, it can take up to 1 hour to show the ads. So, if you just created the ad units, don’t get panic. Keep loading your page every 5 minutes and start troubleshooting only after 1 hour from the time you created the ad. Usually, this is the first step I try with most bloggers. When someone asks me to help with this problem, I will ask for 1 hour time and by that time the problem would have got resolved by itself 🙂
4. Too many widgets and scripts – Are you using too many widgets and scripts on your page? Some of them could be blocking your ads. As a starting point, note down all the widgets and scripts you are using. Then remove them all. Check if the AdSense ads are appearing after giving sufficient warming up period. If ads start working, then add the widgets and scripts back, one at a time. Figure out which one is blocking the ads and stop using the same.
5. Ad scripts not inserted – It may sound strange but I have seen many people who complained about ads not showing really didn’t have the ad script placed correctly. Most people use some widgets in their CMS to insert the ad units and it is highly possible that the AdSense widgets didn’t do the work correctly. The best way to troubleshoot this is by checking the source. Right click on your web page and view the source. Now search for the AdSense script in the source code. Do you see the ad script used correctly in the page? If not, check the settings of your widget and your blog. Make sure you are using correct pub id and the script is used with the correct syntax. Adsense ads are not showing
6. Hidden by other elements – In some cases, I have seen bloggers are using ads in a manner it is hidden by other elements in the page due to the way the DIV and other container tags are used. Try moving your ad units around to different locations in the page and wait for few minutes to see if it works.Adsense ads are not showing
7. Two-step approval process – Google uses a two-step approval process for AdSense. When you apply, you will get an instant, quick first level approval. At this stage, you can start using the AdSense ads on your site. Once the ad units start serving impressions, it will go into a review queue and Google will eventually review your blog. Only after you get the second level approval, you will start seeing real ads. Adsense ads are not showing
8. Previously disabled ad serving – If your account was previously disabled or ad serving was stopped for some violations, it may take up to 48 hours for ads to start showing up again.
9. Ad blockers – If you are not able to see any ads but other people are seeing ads on your site, it could be some antivirus, virus or ad blockers preventing you from seeing the ads. Check for any browser extensions or your antivirus to see if they are blocking ads.
10. PIN verification – If Google has issued you a PIN but you haven’t received it and not entered it on the site, ads will no longer show on the site. Try to get the PIN verification done as quickly as possible. Adsense ads are not showing
Other Troubleshooting Tip
- Try different sizes of the ad units.
- ad must be placement different locations in the page.
- Try using your AdSense ads on some other blogs and see if it works on other sites.
- Try using the AdSense script of someone else in your blog and see if it shows Ads.
If you still fail to resolve your problem, you may try using the Google AdSense troubleshooting steps.